About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Friday, March 30, 2012

Sun Kissed - Spring is in the Air


I found this interesting card challenge site called “Fashionable Stamping Challenges”.  One of the main rules is that you must use at least one rubber stamp on the card and no digi stamps. Now I have a place to use the hundreds of rubber stamps in my collection and a reason to buy more.   The theme this challenge number 18 is “spring is in the air’.  You can check this challenge blog out at:
I chose to use this rubber stamp by Elizabeth Bell for Whimsy Stamps called Sun Kissed.  I used several different pattern papers, ribbon, border punch and handmade flowers to create the card and give the card some texture and interest.  To complete the card I used some brads, bling, a butterfly and a sentiment. 
Thanks for stopping by and have a creative day. 

Judy

2 comments:

  1. An adorable card, the image is so cute. Thank you for joining us at FSC this time.
    Meggymay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy. Such a gorgeous image! And you have layered it into a beautiful card...I'm glad that you got out your stamps and played along. Thanks for joining us this fortnight at Fashionable Stamping Challenges
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete