About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Traditions - Christmas


Cindy chose a great theme for this week’s challenge at Holly Jolly Christmas Challenges, heat embossing. There are so many possibility to do some great Christmas projects with this technique. Heat embossing, I think was the element of card making that first attracted me to the craft and I rarely pick up my heat gun anymore. Time to get it out again.

I decided to make a tag for this challenge and use a Camel Silhouette stamp by Stampington & Company. I stamped my camel stamp in Versa Mark ink and embossed the image with detailed black embossing powder. I then used my distress inks in the colours of antique linen, aged mahogany, iced spruce and festive berries to colour the background of the tag. I then stamped in black Stazon ink the Joy stamp by Hampton Art and the word Christmas by Endless Designs.

The metal Tradition tag was from my stash along with the moss green fibers. I liked the way the tag came out and I think I will make some a few more. It is good to have a collection of cards and tags made well ahead of Christmas and one way of making sure you are ready this year is top join us at Holly Jolly Christmas Challenges every week. 


Judy

1 comment:

  1. Wow stunning Judy - love the colours and a great stamp! Yep I too have loved this challenge! Regards Meighan

    ReplyDelete