About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Sunday, November 25, 2012

It is a Gatefold Easel Card





Come and Get It Challenges this week has a "card with more than one fold" challenge. Bugaboo Stamps is the sponsor of this challenge so everyone who enters their card has a chance of winning 7 digi stamps from Bugaboo. 




I chose two of Bugaboo stamps for this Gate Fold Easel card; make it snappy - happy birthday and Dottie cake. I thought they were a good combination for the card and also went well this my birthday cupcake paper.  

The idea for the gatefold easel card came from a card I viewed on Pinterest and I found a tutorial on Impressions by Day's Blog with directions to make the card.

I coloured the images with my glitter pens and Copics, added ribbon and a Stampin Up sentiment. 

Come join is at Come and Get it Challenges this week.  Stuck for an inspiration for your card, check out the cards made by the other design team members.  Need an idea for a card with more than one fold, check out the at Split Coast Stampers website. 

Have a creative day.   


Judy

I would like to entry my card in the following challenges

Challenge for Everyone - Anything Goes
Fun with Shapes and More Challenge - #122 Anything but Christmas
Crazy 4 Challenges - #164 Put a Bow on It
One Stitch At A Time - SIO - Fabric, Ribbon or Lace 
The Crafty Pad - SIO - Add some Glitter


5 comments:

  1. Wonderful celebration card Judy, love the twist of adding the easel part to your card!

    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.•´ ..•´ Hugs Shell in Alaska♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really adorable. What a wonderful surprise when you open it up!

    Thanks for joining us as OSAAT this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab birthday card, brilliant design.
    Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that is gorgeous i love it. Thanks for sharing with us at challenges 4 everybody . Hugs trisha x

    ReplyDelete