About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Vellum and Metallic Rub Ons


I made this card for my daughter-in-laws upcoming birthday.  I punched the flower out of white vellum that had a gold and silver fleck in it, then I put the vellum petals through my big shot in an embossing folder.  

The background papers is glossy card stock run through the big shot in an embossing folded then rubbed with metallic gold embossing paste which I added with my fingers.   I like the effect.  To complete the card I added a pretty button for the center of the flower and some silver ribbon.     

The card is very simple but I think very pretty. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a creative day. 



Judy

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

LEJ Designs For Someone Special
Through The Craft Room Door  Always Anything Goes!
Incy Wincy Designs - Texture
Pretty Little Ribbon - Anything Goes

9 comments:

  1. Wow Judy, this really is very elegant and am sure your DIL will love it.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Pretty Little Ribbons challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an elegant card. Just love the glossy paper and your use of the vellum. Great flower. Thanks for joining us at LEJ Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Judy for sharing this card. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So elegant, Judy! I am sure she will LOVE it!!

    hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy, this is one of the prettiest cards I've ever seen! I say that sincerely because I love the different mediums you have used! I actually own that same vellum, and some of the paste, so would love CASEing your card. Of course, I will refer back to you. I imagine your DIL loved her gorgeous card! So pretty! (you have been pinned)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning card .... I love everything about it ... WOW WOW WOW xx
    Thanks for joining in the LEJ Designs Challenge

    Good Luck

    Tina DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely!

    Thanks for joining the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is really lovely. Great design with the embossing on the glossy cardstock with the metallic effect. Thanks for playing at Incy Wincy and good luck. Hope to see you back monday for another challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete