About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Happy Father's Day


I made this Father's Day card for a friend.  I used earth tone colours of cream, brown and shades of blue.  The ship is a rubber stamp from my collection of unmounted rubber stamps and the anchor is a stamp by Just Rite Rubber stamps. 

The ship was embossed with a brown embossing powder.  I found the textured brown paper in my recycle bin and I also used several layers of papers in shades of brown, cream and blue.

Thank you for stopping by.  Remember Creativity is contagious, pass it on.

Judy

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:


Inspire Me Fridays– Anything Goes!  
My Sheri Crafts  - Father's Day 
Brown Sugar – Father's Day
C.R.A.F.T. - Father's Day/make




7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous Father's Day card! I love the colors you chose and the texture of the background paper. Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very classy card. Love it. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T this week. Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card with this fabulous image. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T Challenge. Hope to see you again for the next challenge.

    Evie DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Amazing job with this card. I love the rustic feel to it as well.

    Thanks for sharing with My Sheri Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I love that ship stamp and I'll bet seeing it embossed in real life is stunning! Great job! Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing, lovely card.

    Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful Judy!
    I'll be featuring you this week @ Inspire Me Friday! thank you so much for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete