About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Thursday, May 2, 2013

It Is All About The Paper


I had this pretty pattern paper by K and Company that I used for the layers of this card I made for an upcoming swap.  I really like that colour combination.  The daisy rubber stamp is a unmounted stamp that I had in my collection from a Canadian company called Class Act.

I used a Martha Stewart  punch for the lace trim and Distress Ink to edge the papers and colour the background of the sunflower.  The sunflower was coloured with Copics.

I hope my swap partner enjoys my card I made for her.  Thank you for stopping to take a look.  Now to clean up the mess I made.  I do not know how I manage to pull out so many products to make one card.

Judy

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Freshly Brewed Monthly Challenge - Flowers
 One Crazy Stamper Flowers
Creative Card Crew  - Bling  
Through The Craft Room Door - Alway's Anything Goes

5 comments:

  1. Really beautiful card, Judy! Love the papers & colors you chose! Love your design, die cuts, image and coloring! Thank you for sharing this with us at TTCRD. Hope to see you again soon! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, great colours and layout. Thank you for entering in Creative Card Crew challenge.
    Lou DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh. I love sunflowers. gorgeous colors and card. thanks for joining us at fresh brewed designs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tomorrow is NATIONAL SCRAPBOOK DAY so we going to have some fun and craft all day!! If you get a chance to get in your craft room tomorrow I will be hosting 4 different challenges at Clearly iStamp Blog. I would love if you can come play with me and you might even win some great prizes!
    http://www.clearlyistamp.blogspot.com/

    Kathy D.
    Clearly Digi Stamps DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love the colors and design. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Creative Card Crew. Hope you have a fabulous day!

    - Jenn DT

    ReplyDelete