About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Off the Edge


Meighan came up with another great idea for a challenge this week at Come and Get It, create a card that your stamp goes off the edge of your card.  It is a great challenge to try something different.  I have been playing with PanPastels and some mix media style backgrounds and incorporated some of the techniques and products in this card.

I first coloured my background with several colours of PanPastels then stamped off the page with the mesh background stamp by Stampin Up in several areas of the card. I used stencils for the spotted areas and flowers in the background and added a small flourish.

I stamped off the edge the Hydrangeas stamp by PSX  in several areas of the card then added additional colour with  PanPastels. The sentiment by Hero Arts was stamped on paper that I also coloured with PanPastels. 

 I edged the card and the sentiments with a Krylon Gold Leafing pen. and then stippled the the card with Gold Dimensional Pearls. To complete the card I added a gold die cut butterfly.  

Thank you for stopping by to take a look at my card.  Come join us this week at Come and Get It


Judy

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
Paper Creators Crafts Monthly Challenge –  Anything Goes

Pumpkin Spice Monthly Challenge - Anything Goes
Rhedd and Rosie Challenge – Blooms Always Anything Goes
Card Making Mama's - Use Stamps

5 comments:

  1. A beautiful card, the stunning colours and technique you ave used are just great, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous rich colours Judy with some great gold highlights. Love the image and how you have used the theme for the challenge. Meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a true sentiment as well, and I love the colours thanks for entering it into the Rhedd and Rosie's challenge and good luck! xxx Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Judy, love the vibrant colors of the flowers.......wonderfully done card for our challenge this week!
    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    Shell in Alaska
    http://www.akstamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card , just love the stamping and background. Thanks for joining us at Rhedd & Rosies . Hugs Tina (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete