About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Monday, September 2, 2013

North Pole - Anything but a Card




Cindy has a great challenge this week at Holly Jolly Christmas Challenges, anything but a card.  I love these challenges because they allow you to use your imagination and make things like Christmas gifts and ornaments.  

I made this Christmas scene out of an old ornament bx which I spray painted white and added tea lights in the back so I could light up the scene. I trimmed the box with gold pattern paper.

The Santa and sleigh are digital stamps from Kenny K downloads that I coloured with Copic markers.    I added cotton balls for the snow and two die cut snowflake chains with bling to the bottom of the scene to add some sparkle. 

Hope you have enjoyed my creation this week.  Pop over to the Holly Jolly blog to see the inspirational ideas of the rest of the Holly Jolly design team elves.  Hope you will play along with us this week.  


Judy


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:


Digi Galore Anything Goes
One Crazy Stamper -  Christmas
Hobbycutz  - Recycle (wooden box)
Christmas Card Challenges - Something New. (Christmas lights)
The Hobby House Challenge- Our Hobby House Artists


9 comments:

  1. great choice of image the Kenny K set looks great on your light box, beautifully put together on this wonderful creation, thank you for joining us at the Hobby House Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful - thanks for sharing for my CHNC challenge 140 and also for The Glory of Christmas 'anything goes' challenge, Hazel, DT - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for September - I'd love to see it there too. x
    - thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea, and great scene! TYFS and playong along with us at Christmas Card Challenge #40. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever creation. Well done.thanks for joining us at DIGI GALORE.
    LISA

    ReplyDelete
  5. om gosh this is AWESOME! such a great idea and the lights look so cool xx thank you for joining us at Hobbycutz Challenges xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at One Crazy Stamper this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fab! Clever idea and great recycling :)
    Thanks for joining us at Digi Galore
    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at the Hobby House Challenge :) Amanda(DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. KennyK's Santa! This is brilliant! Love the idea with the light - so cool! Great art!

    ReplyDelete