About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

12 Days of Christmas

Meighan, one of the design team elves at Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge  chose the challenge this week.  The challenges theme is "inspired by a Christmas Carol" and I chose to make a book with the theme of 12 days of Christmas. 

Several years ago TV Weekly featured Tricia Morris from Club Scrap making a mini book  from CD Literature folders.  The episode was called Pop, Pop, Fizz, Fizz and can be seen of YouTube.   I followed the basic directions to make this Christmas book.




I used a collection of digital images from Bugaboo Digital Images to make this book.  I thought they were cute and perfect for my little book.  I added lots of colours, ribbons, magic mess and glitter to make up the book. 







 










I added the music for the song on one page and put the complete words in an envelope and made a pocket to hold the envelope.




I added on the last page the history of the carol along with a tag to put a greet for the person who I am going to give it to.





 
 Thank for stopping by and have a creative day.  Hope you will join us at Holly Jolly this week. 
 
Judy

I am entering this card in following challenges:

 
Addicted to Stamps Challenge - Christmas is Coming
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes w/optional Twist - Pile It On.
Scrapbook Stamp Society Challenge Blog - Anything Goes + Optional Twist: Lots of Layers
Southern Girls Challenge – Sing, Sing Song Sing Out Loud
Deep Ocean Challenge - Christmas is Round the Corner
Catch the Bug  - Bingo (Oct)

 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. wow lots of work has gone into that, great job! thanks for playing along with us at Charisma cardz this challenge

    Lisa xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply adorable!
    Thank for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge
    Hugs Kaija DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful project you have made Judy, it's very beautiful made.
    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Judy - thought I would pop over to check out your Partridge in a Pear tree - mine isn't a Bugaboo image but I do like yours loads!!! I think it is slightly 'curlier' than the image I have used.

    Hugs to you and thank you for commenting on my Challenge card.

    Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a wonderful Christmas book. Thank you for joining the ATSC. Hugs Rita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is the Sweetest Book! Loooove the Idea and all the Great images! lovely work! Thanks for joining us at deep Ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just amazing. You are so creative. The friend that receives this will love it. Thanks for sharing your wonderful creativity with us at Bugaboo this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great project, very cute!! We appreciate you taking the time to join our October Bingo Challenge at CTB! Hope to see you again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazing and so much work. It looks fabulous! Thanks for playing along at Southern Girls Challenge, and we hope to see you again soon ~DT Amy~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Judy, this is an amazing project! Love the extras you included for the recipient: music, words, history, Absolutely awesome!

    ReplyDelete