About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Queen for a Day

This week  at Recycle, Re-Purpose and Re-Invent it is a anything goes challenge.  I decided to make a shadow box out of a thrift store clock using images from CS Design's .

This is my finished  project. 


This is what I started with, I am sorry it is in pieces I forgot to take a picture before I started to take it a part. 



I four images from CS Designs collection of fabulous digital stamps.  The Dancer Pirouette, Polka and Dot Mini Border images are from the Express Yourself series.  The crown on the dancer's head is part of Edwina's crown image and the sentiment is part of a Express Yourself Postage image.   

Here is a couple of other views of the shadow box. 



I used a piece of inked torn music paper on the outside of the clock, silver cord to trim the inside of the box and added a heart to complete my shadow box.

Hope you will join us this month at Recycle, Re-Purpose and Re-Invent.
Remember!!! ... We always allow Anything Goes but any project you enter Must Still Include Recycling, or be Re-Purposed or Re-Invented. 

I am entering this project in the following challenges:

Altered Eclectics - Anything Goes 
Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
Crafting By Designs - April Anything Goes
Creative Moments - Anything Goes/Anything But A Card
Inspiration Destination - Always Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty - Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesdays - - Anything Goes
Through The Craft Room Door - Always Anything Goes

*NEW* Simply Papercraft - Anything Goes
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - Anything Goes (Mixed Media Altered Art / Mixed Media ONLY)
2 Creative Chicks - Anything Goes
Creatalicious Challenges - Anything Goes

15 comments:

  1. Wow, Judy. This is so creative. I love what you did to it. I like the before and after pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Judy this is awesome and so beautiful I really, really love it.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic.. You did a wonderful job in turning the clock into a shadow box. Love it. Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks

    Have a creative day.
    Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite color choices. I love this project. I love this. Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning transformation. Thanks for joining us at Creative Moments. Gail DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!! Love this entry, thank you for sharing with Creatalicious, Jackie CT member.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Judy... I LOVE what you did with that clock! You have inspired me to go digging at my own local second-hand store to see what I can find. Thank you for sharing your project with us over at Altered Eclectics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a very cool project! I love the bright colors. Thank you for sharing with us at Through the Craft Room Door. Good luck!
    Tina DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. How very cute and creative!

    Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks

    Have a creative day.
    Pam
    ♥ Scrap N Sew Granny ♥
    ♥ Pam's Stitched With Love ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, stunning project, thanks for sharing it with us over at Simply Papercraft.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fab, thanks for joining us at Not Just Cards xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love this!! Your colours are amazing and the image and quote work brilliantly!! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedds Creative Spirit - Steffi :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really fab! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A wonderful project!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything Goes” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
    (DT Come and Get It)
    (GDT Kreativzeit Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, this is so cool!!!
    Thanks for playing along at Altered Eclectics.
    Lisa - AE DT

    ReplyDelete