About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Friday, April 1, 2016

Mixed Media - Love You to the Moon and Back


This is my  project for this months challenge at Creative Artiste.  The theme of the challenge is anything goes with a twist  to us to use chipboards, stencils or flower.  When I heard the theme of the  challenge I thought immediately about doing this framed canvas of my grandson, River.


The sponsor for this challenge is Dusty Attic Chipboard Company. Check out their store for some great creative products.  

To create this project I decoupage some brown printed tissue paper to the canvas then rolled a thine layer of gesso over the print so that the print would not stand out too much.  I used a wood grain stencil by Tim Holtz to add some texture and mimic the background of the picture. 

I added a doily and some layers pf paper behind the picture. I used several colours of Distress Inks to colour the doily and a charcoal pencil to give it some definition..  Once I added my picture I then  added my chipboard sentiment , flowers, gears and other findings to complete my canvas.  Chipboard and flowers are from Southern Ridge Trading Co. 

Thank you for stopping by and have a creative day.  Remember to pop over to the Creative Artiste's challenge blog to see the beautiful creations the design team have created to inspire you. 

I am entering this project in the following challenges:
Crafty Girls Creations - Anything Goes
Sisters of Craft - Anything Goes
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes
2 Crafty Girls - Anything Goes
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
PDE Linky Party - Anything Goes
Simple Papercrafts - Anything Goes
Not Just Cards - Anything Goes




10 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous canvas Judy. Your grandson looks adorable. I love the earthy colours and the chipboard sentiment xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous canvas Judy. Your grandson looks adorable. I love the earthy colours and the chipboard sentiment xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy this is an awesome canvas, I love the colours, photo and all the elements you have used on it... It turned out really awesome...

    Hugs Rhonda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, thanks for sharing with Sisters of Craft. Wendy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Judy I just love the colours on this canvas and your grandson is gorgeous.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. the colours complement the picture so perfectly. Beautiful layout, janet DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. the colours complement the picture so perfectly. Beautiful layout, janet DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic project Judy! The colours complement your photo beautifully! Thanks for joining us on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog.
    -Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colours you have used ... awesome blend !
    Hugs
    Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete